Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security camera with two-way talk, Works with Alexa - Black

 

Ring Indoor Cam, Compact Plug-In HD security camera with two-way talk, Works with Alexa - Black






Very easy setup, great image quality (light or dark), great audio quality, nice form-factor, perfect integration with my Ring network.

INSTALL:
This took about 4 minutes to set-up. That includes opening the box and updating my Ring app. Amazing! This is my 3rd Ring camera (first of this type), and I also have 3 other d-link cameras and 15+ other network-connected smart home devices and this one had been the easiest to set-up, by far! Most have required at least one call to CustSvc at some point in the process (& I'm very familiar with IOT and network installs). I didn't need any of that knowledge with this new Ring device. I'd recommend you install/update your Ring app first, as that was my only hiccup (old versions dont have the new hardware listed).

APP:
So: install/update Ring app > Open box > remove and unwrap device & plug (usb to 2-prong usb) > plug in to outlet > in the app, tap add device (or devices > add...) > Quick scan of barcode w/phone camera > and viola! you're off to play with some settings and have more convenience/security/peace of mind in your life!

In the app, you can adjust motion zones, notification sound/volume, link to other devices, snooze motion, and other functions, as with the other Ring cameras.

MOUNT:
It can be mounted on a flat shelf surface, on the wall, or on the ceiling. Wall anchors and screws are included. And w/your own philips head screwdriver, the base moves to the back for wall mounting. The base also articulates quite a bit, maintaining stability, and holding its position well. It seems very well thought-out in that regard.

USE:
I'm using this in an unconventional way. My laundry room isn't easy to get to, so I have the cam pointed at my machines in the hopes of being able to check on loads before stopping what I'm doing and making the trek to a mid-cycle load. (Or for a quick chat with hubby if he's in there). I also plan to position it to capture other utilities, to check on any alarms that might be triggered (fire, smoke, flood...). Here's hoping i never need it for that. (pics to show light & dark quality; no editing or filters. I know I gotta clean up in there 😄)

I rely on reviews to help me make informed decisions. I hope this review helped you :)

For More Information
Click Here : https://amzn.to/2VdnUet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sketch!: The Non-Artist's Guide to Inspiration, Technique, and Drawing Daily Life